Menu

What to do after SFC B?

My younger two have done SFC A and will complete SFC B this year. Since they have learned so much vocabulary and grammar, it's hard to find a program to plug into. I'd like something fun they could do to apply all that vocabulary and grammar rather than more forging ahead with yet more advanced grammar. They've already learned more grammar in these two elementary levels than any first year high school Spanish I've seen. I am so not a create it myself kinda gal, so I'd love some suggestions on what we could try. I'd put them both on Duolingo, but I'm afraid they'd be too slow because of their not-quite-speedy-enough typing skills.

So, fun, application rather than new grammar, review vocabulary, advanced enough that they won't be bored, fun -- not asking for much, am I? :o

TIA

Most of Duolingo isn't timed. You can always choose the non-timed option for the review stuff. (Note: I only use it on the website. Perhaps the app version is always timed?) 

I'm just  :ohmy:  and  :eek: or maybe just  :blink:  that you guys got through SFC and liked it. 

How about just setting them loose on some (free) (e-book) Spanish readers?

Let me find a couple that we mess around with sometimes:  An Elementary Spanish Reader or A First Spanish Reader

I dabble in both and I couldn't make it through SFC A. So, your mileage may vary!

Maybe something like Paso A Paso? Book 1 is high school level Spanish 1. Level A and B are each half of level 1, written for 7th and 8th grades. You can easily find student books, TMs, and other ancillaries used on Amazon.

I don't have any personal experience with it, but it does seem to get good reviews. (I've ordered level 1 for my high schooler.)