Menu

Today's life lesson

ItoLina

I just came here to take a few minutes to calm down after showering both my vomit covered toddlers. The topic has me laughing and crying at once for how terribly relevant it is

Today's life lesson for my toddlers

Consuming a tub of butter between the two of you (and hiding it behind the couch every time mummy comes to check on you) is a very. very. VERY bad idea. Butter does not make a good lunch, and  OH MY LORD does it smell bad coming back up in that sort of quantity!

To take the stove situation even further...

I suggested my girls place a stick of butter on a stove burner that was off, but where some of the heat comes up from the pre-heating oven, so it could soften before they made cookies. Turns out it goes beyond softening to partial melting. Cookies turned out okay, so I forgot about it. Until DH used that burner to make his oatmeal early the next morning. Starts kicking off smoke, flaming, setting off two smoke alarms and rousing everyone in that heart-attack-inducing way. He wondered what might have caused it, which brought the butter back to mind. Ugh. At least it got everyone up early enough so there was no rush getting ready for church. :)

Erica in OR

I just came here to take a few minutes to calm down after showering both my vomit covered toddlers. The topic has me laughing and crying at once for how terribly relevant it is

Today's life lesson for my toddlers

Consuming a tub of butter between the two of you (and hiding it behind the couch every time mummy comes to check on you) is a very. very. VERY bad idea. Butter does not make a good lunch, and OH MY LORD does it smell bad coming back up in that sort of quantity!

Oh no! Not a good day for butter :-(