Menu

looking for suggestions for starting a group

Hi,

I am looking for some feedback from some of you wise women here. Just yesterday, my 14 year old daughter said that when she grows up, she is going to sponsor a home school farmily. It made me think...what if there was a non-profit organization that somehow elicited donors from people that wanted to support home schooling. These funds would go into a “donation account†and then home schooling families could apply for funds as needed. Or perhaps a person would want to sponsor a family directly, and this organization could match them up somehow. And maybe have a donation book library, where homeschooling families could donate materials when they are done, and newer homeschooling families could access these materials either free or at a very reduced rate.

Do you think there are enough people in the world that support homeschooling, that they would be willing to donate funds for those people that either don't have enough money to homeschool, or perhaps had some type of crisis and needed financial help, or resources like books and curriculum.

This is NOT for me, as we are doing o.k. with financial aspects of homescholing.  I just wanted to clarify that.

I would love some feedback from anyone who has ANY thoughts or comments on this-positive or negative.

pam