Menu

Lego Simple and Motorized Mechanisms?

What has been your experience with this set? Did you use the activity pack software? Was it worth it? 

I would like to do a short unit study about simple machines for fun over the summer and follow it with this, but not sure if the activity pack is overkill or the perfect go along. It is a bit pricey, but I'm willing to do it if it is that good.

We have it and love it. However the product truly shines if you have the lesson plans which are created to go along with it. My son bought the kit with his own money and enjoyed building the projects. A while later we were very generously gifted the teacher guide and disc and he had many Aha! Moments as we have worked through the sets. Totally worth it! I'm seriously considering using lego education products for his science curriculum.

We are using this kit for science right now.  My children love it.  No demonstrations!  They build the models themselves.   

The CD is a digital copy of the print manual.  I use the print manual and have my children discuss the models orally.   We are still on the simple machine section though.  When we reach the more complex models there may be sections where written work becomes necessary.  If so, being able to print from the CD is nice.