Menu

Math curriculum for Algebra. I know we have done this discussion before but I need your feedback!

borninthesouth

I just started homeschooling this year. I need a math curriculum for next year. My daughter will be going into 7th grade. She is a bright student and can be good at math with a little prodding, but does not naturally gravitate that way. I have started LoF with her-- pre-algebra series. She is finishing 6th year math mammonth with LoF. I was thinking of continuing the rest of LoF pre-algebra and starting Teaching Textbooks Algebra 1. I need something that I don't have to go through everything with her. I have 3 younger kids-- 2 that need a lot of help-- learning disabilities. And one learning to read. So, no small tasks going on here. I have heard the TT is not as vigorous as some other math curriculums, but I like that they can be independent in one of my weaker subjects. If I am supplementing with LoF does that help with the vigor. Is there another math program where they can be independent in Algebra and the higher maths? I am looking for opinions, so have at it. I can handle the good, bad and the ugly. And I don't need anything for the lower grades. I like MM with LoF. But, you can give opinions there too if you want ;)