Menu

discovery type of science curriculum-7th grade??

Hi,

I am looking, wishing, for some type of discovery type of science curriculum.  I really don't know exactly what I want, but i do know I want less reading, and more hands on.  We are using The Elements right now and while there are some hands on ideas, I would like more for next year.  I am adding labs to this....but I guess I want a whole curriculum that is more exploration, then the "facts".

Thanks for any recommendations.

pam

Does it come with the materials for the experiments?  That is a constant problem for us!

Yes! :)  Everything comes in the box for every single experiment, and nicely labeled in little baggies.  Even the 'everyday' stuff that some kits expect you to have on hand but somehow you never do on the day you try to do the experiment.  The one exception, I think, a low-heat glue gun.  I think I got one for a couple of bucks at Michael's or JoAnn's, and then you use it all year.  And the explanations were so clear, dd could assemble the constructions and do the experiments all by herself.

Wow, that sounds great.  Can any of it be re-used or do you have to purchase it all again for your other kids?  My oldest will be entering 6th, but the next will be entering 2nd, so it will be a while.

The curriculum is actually multi-level, so you can use it with both kids at once, each at their own level.  You may have to buy some extra supplies, or if your kids work well together, they might be able to work together and share one set.  You could give them a call and ask them what they'd recommend.