Menu

How does Alcumus decide what topics to give?

My son has been working in Alcumus for a couple of weeks and has been working on prealgebra, but Alcumus has been giving him a lot of questions from Counting and Probability -- at this point more than from the "prealgebra" section.  Is this considered to be part of prealgebra?  I am wondering if he accidentally reset his focus topic.

I checked but couldn't tell what it had set as his focus. I went in now and changed it to a topic specifically under prealgebra, so maybe it will stay there at this point.  The questions in the Counting and Probability seemed more difficult than I anticipated for prealgebra.  I know that Alcumus is challenging, so I thought that maybe that was just part of the program.

ETA: The questions that he has been working on look like they are from a completely separate section devoted just to Counting and Probability, rather than a subsection under prealgebra

My son has been working in Alcumus for a couple of weeks and has been working on prealgebra, but Alcumus has been giving him a lot of questions from Counting and Probability -- at this point more than from the "prealgebra" section.  Is this considered to be part of prealgebra?  I am wondering if he accidentally reset his focus topic.

You might have the best luck setting it to follow the prealgebra book to keep the focus where you'd like it.