Menu

Living Math Book Series

lexi

My kids love the "Let's Read and Find Out about Science" series.  Is there anything for math that is similar?  I've seen lists of living math books but I'm looking for a series that I can order as a set.  It would be for Pre-K to K age. 

Are there any great series of living math picture books?

You might try asking a librarian and borrow the books before buying. I know a lot of people like the MathStart books, but I personally dislike many of them and would hate to find out something like that *after* buying a whole series. The series I do like are mostly out of print, I think. The Young Math Books series is probably the most similar to the Read and Find Out science books. 

There are a ton, but I wouldn't necessarily buy any of them, as mentioned above.  If you have a good library system, they'll have many of them.

I felt like MathStart was good when my kids were really little, but they're best for preK and kindy and after that I don't think you'll read them much.

Everything Charlesbridge publishes for math is great.  All the Anno books are great.  The Animal Babies math series is really cute.  I also love the Young Math and I Love Math series mentioned above.  I Love Math is one of the few that can be worth buying.  They're cheap OOP.

I'll second the Anno books. I picked up some used because the library didn't have them. Last night we read One Grain of Rice, by Rumi. Also, what about the Sir Cumference books (maybe those are one of the series I didn't recognize). Brian Cleary and Gregory Tang have funny, readable books on different math subjects.

eta: reread your post, my rec.s are not what you are looking for I guess. Sorry!