Menu

Why would I all of a sudden not have audio through Skype?

milovany

Trying to work my job and I'm not getting audio to come through Skype like I always do every morning when I work.  Argh, frustrating.  I've checked all settings under Audio and I've checked my headphones (they're working through my phone).  Restarted computer, too. Nothing's muted.  Can't figure it out.  Thankfully I can get it through my phone, but would rather use my laptop.  Any ideas? 

ETA - Just testing it again now that my first class is done and it's working.  Thanks to anyone giving it any brain power.

glad you got it - my 10 yo's friend couldnt hear my son, and apparently had hung up and called again several times - when I asked my son if his mic might be muted . .. yup . . .  :001_rolleyes:

Yes, I use the mute feature every single time I use Skype so did check that (well, it would have been a reverse mute though because I couldn't hear it dialing; I don't need them to hear me so I mute myself).  It was strange and I have no idea what fixed it because I didn't do anything between figuring out to use my phone and the end of the class I was transcribing, but when that class ended I tested it again and it worked.