Menu

What will you do post-BA?

zarabellesmom

So, I've ordered 4A and it should be here just in time for us to start using it. With 4B publishing soon (fingers crossed) I should be ok. I might even be on target for 4c, but I doubt it.

So my question for you is, what will you do after Beast because I think it's ruined my daughter for other math. We were moving very quickly through Math in Focus. We finished 1, 2, and 3 before the end of the first grade year. Thang goodness for beast. She finally had to think deeply. But in the time before beast she came to hate math and singapores challenging word problems just made her irritable. She isn't a fan of bar charts, she is in love with math right now and I want to remain that way. I know others are making these same decisions. What will you choose and why?

I posted a similar thread a few days ago--fractions, decimals, and percents.

I am cobbling together my own stuff from MM, Key to, Math Doesn't Suck series, Charlotte Mason Business Math, Khan Academy, games, but none of it will have the magic of BA. I just have to keep moving forward.

Lots of people mentioned Life of Fred, Horrible Maths but neither work for us.

I've been wondering the same thing. My DS, who "HATED" math is now loving it thanks to Beast Academy. He told me that it's harder than what he was doing before (MM), but he likes it. He's doing okay, and we fell a bit behind over the holidays, and I'm okay with that because I know there is no rush to get these finished as he may pass publication. Right now he's in 3B, so I'm pretty sure we'll be good to the end of 4, and I'm hoping that the publication dates for 5 will line up nicely with his pace (crossing fingers).

If he can't do 5 due to publication issues, then he'll most likely do MM5 (old version), but I'm not 100% sure yet. I am hoping we don't have to worry about it, but I am all ears on any suggestions others have of what to do if we outpace production. :(