Menu

What are the profile stars for?

Ann.without.an.e

You can't give someone 0 stars, so if you have none, that means nobody has starred you at all. The whole thing is ridiculous.

And zero stars just seems so much better than 1 star....I might know that from experience, hehe.  Having no stars didn't bother me at all, in fact it was very freeing.  I was comfortable with my no starred self, but then someone had to go and give me a darn star.  It all went downhill from there  :001_rolleyes:

Can you star the same person more than once. I just keep starring with every post and I think I starred some of ya'll like 10 times :coolgleamA:

I don't think you can. You can only star people once on their profile from what I can tell, but you can also rate threads they started which affects their rating as well.

This whole business is juvenile and ridiculous.  I don't get the point of including the stars for people.  Topics, maybe.  Likes-pretty good idea.  Rating PEOPLE? Stupid.

That is why we are on a mission to just five star everyone.  Then, we are all just the same.  Seriously, can it get anymore "Sneetchish"

I think I just made up a word  :thumbup1:

Sneetches4.jpg

Once upon a time I ticked someone off and they gave me 3 stars. I've been stuck there ever since. Sniff sniff.

Yeah, I'm not sure how it works, because I've been stuck at 4 for months.  I guess I am somewhere near the middle of making friends and making enemies?  :lol:

I 5 starred everyone here. :)

This whole business is juvenile and ridiculous. I don't get the point of including the stars for people. Topics, maybe. Likes-pretty good idea. Rating PEOPLE? Stupid.

I agree. I don't even think topics/threads should be rated. I'm sure all of us regularly come across topics here that don't interest us or even annoy or offend us. So what? The best response is to ignore and move on. Not provide a "rating".

I agree. I don't even think topics/threads should be rated. I'm sure all of us regularly come across topics here that don't interest us or even annoy or offend us. So what? The best response is to ignore and move on. Not provide a "rating".

That is exactly what I have always done.  If it doesn't interest me or offends me, it doesn't make it bad.....it just isn't for me.  I think it is childish - whether I have 5 stars or 1 star, it doesn't matter where I am in the game, the game is just silly.

I am fairly new to this website though I have read things on and off for years.  I agree with what Charlene said (about the stars and dots reminding her of the Max Lucado book, You Are Special, but I don't know how to add her post on here.  Can someone help me with that?

Also, how do you give someone stars?  I'm a seasoned homeschooling mom but all this new technology stuff is easier for my kids than for me!  :) 

I am fairly new to this website though I have read things on and off for years.  I agree with what Charlene said (about the stars and dots reminding her of the Max Lucado book, You Are Special, but I don't know how to add her post on here.  Can someone help me with that?

Also, how do you give someone stars?  I'm a seasoned homeschooling mom but all this new technology stuff is easier for my kids than for me!   :)

Do you mean quoting, like what I did above?  You just click the Quote button in the right side bottom, just below the post you want to quote.

I 5-starred you.....welcome.

Do you mean quoting, like what I did above?  You just click the Quote button in the right side bottom, just below the post you want to quote.

I 5-starred you.....welcome.

Yes, this is it!  Thank you so much!  Thanks for the stars, too.  :)  haha