Menu

Dr. Hive-Help with pain in right side diagnosis

Mary in VA

I hope someone has an answer for this problem.  My 23 yo dd has had a pain in her right side, lower down, like where ovarian pain is felt. She has had this since before Christmas. It is a sharp pain, like when you get a stitch in your side when running.  She doesn't have it when she sits for a while, but it becomes very uncomfortable when she is walking around. She is a third grade teacher and is one her feet, moving, a most of the day.  She says that when it gets very bad it radiates to her back, not around the side, but through her. She has been to the doctor and had both an ultrasound and CT scan (with contrast) which were normal. All her blood work was normal.  She is VERY frustrated and feels like the doctor is not taking this seriously. I told her about Dr. Hive and she asked me to put this out there.  If anyone has ideas we would greatly appreciate hearing about them.

Mary

That is really interesting, because my dd (her name is Mary--lol) has had recurrent pain on her LEFT side a few times a week for a while, and they can't find anything. She also had bloodwork, which was normal. We are seeing if it happens again, then taking her for an ultrasound.

It sounds a lot like your dd's--she says it's sharp, like a pinch, and sometimes a dull pain.

I'll be curious as to the responses.