Menu

Knowledge Quest Map Trek...what is the difference in the HC Book and the ebook downloads?

rachelpants

That is confusing!

I have the first one (the hard cover + CD-ROM). Don't know what the difference would be with the second product, but I'm glad I have the hardcover book.

I know, right?? :confused1:  LOL

Does the CD-ROM have the full color maps as well as the outlines? Are the US history maps included as well? 

The maps on the CD-ROM are in color & blank. There are two US files - one with the historical ones & it has 53 color / 53 black & white. The other US file has the state maps. 

The hard copy book only has the colored maps and the lesson plans for each map.

The CD has the world maps in color as well, right?

Thanks for all of your help!

Hmm. Not sure on this one. Do you mean the world continent maps (whole world & individual continents)? If so, then yes. Both color & black and white. Almost everything has both color & black and white. 

Christianbook has the hardbook & CD-ROM for $39.79+shipping. (If you have a free-shipping code, it is the better deal. I wait until I have a free shipping coupon before I order from them.)  Rainbow has it for $39.95 if you have other things you will be ordering that brings your order up to the free $50 shipping level.

I think teeniebeenie6 is referring to the Scratch & Dent sale -- where they've sold out the actual scratch&dent ones of this, but have put the original item on sale.

Great! Thanks! Where? I don't see it on the KQ site?

Whoops a link would be helpful. :) http://www.knowledgequestmaps.com/Scratch-and-Dent-Sale.html . If you scroll down to the Map Trek book and CD it says: "The damaged stock is SOLD OUT, but we have some PERFECT books available at a discounted price of $39.95.  (Reg $55)". They have other items on the above link that are also discounted.

Hmm. Not sure on this one. Do you mean the world continent maps (whole world & individual continents)? If so, then yes. Both color & black and white. Almost everything has both color & black and white. 

Christianbook has the hardbook & CD-ROM for $39.79+shipping. (If you have a free-shipping code, it is the better deal. I wait until I have a free shipping coupon before I order from them.)  Rainbow has it for $39.95 if you have other things you will be ordering that brings your order up to the free $50 shipping level.

I think teeniebeenie6 is referring to the Scratch & Dent sale -- where they've sold out the actual scratch&dent ones of this, but have put the original item on sale.

Sorry for the confusion, LOL...by "world" maps I meant the historical non-American maps, LOL.  Are the US History maps in the book? 

I don't know why this is so confusing...rotfl. I tried emailing and calling to get to the bottom of all of this...I haven't heard back.

$45.78 Amazon prime for the book and CD...but I don't think it includes the USA maps, right??? rotfl...again...so confused. :confused1:

http://www.amazon.com/Map-Trek-The-Complete-Collection/dp/1932786422/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390341499&sr=8-1&keywords=maptrek

Found this: https://www.facebook.com/KnowledgeQuest/posts/10152013194068243

Looks like all the versions contain the same maps in different formats? I am planning to get the hardcover with CDs (because I adore having real book around). 

That *is* helpful! Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only confused soul...lol

I'd really like to order from Amazon, am I crazy that I am apprehensive because it doesn't say anything about the US maps?

Sorry for the confusion, LOL...by "world" maps I meant the historical non-American maps, LOL.  Are the US History maps in the book? 

$45.78 Amazon prime for the book and CD...but I don't think it includes the USA maps, right??? rotfl...again...so confused. :confused1:

http://www.amazon.com/Map-Trek-The-Complete-Collection/dp/1932786422/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390341499&sr=8-1&keywords=maptrek

Ok, with "Complete Collection" book in front of me, I can tell you that the hardback book includes all the colored "historical" world maps (but not the black and white ones that are on the CD-ROM). The US maps in the hardback book are only the state maps, not the historical ones. The CD-ROM includes everything in the hardback book plus black & whites, the US state maps, and the US historical ones. 

I'd really like to order from Amazon, am I crazy that I am apprehensive because it doesn't say anything about the US maps?

It shows the "complete collection" hardback, so I think it is ok - as long as it includes the CD-ROM. If you are getting the 'new' version from Amazon, I'd say you should be ok. I'd be apprehensive about any of the new/used ones that are sold by 3rd parties because they might not include the CD-ROM. Buyer beware!

I was planning to order from Rainbow, but it is the same as Amazon - talks about the historical maps, but not the US maps... **confusing** 

Rainbow's table of contents matches my hardcopy book. I'm confident that what they list is the one I have. I know CBD's is the same one I have because I ordered from them. But, I'm also confident that Rainbow's is the same as what I have.

Good luck & enjoy! Don't forget KNowledge Quest has their free curriculum integration guide.