Menu

Kindle FreeTime & WhisperSync

Tranquility7

We just got a Kindle and I downloaded some free Kindle books and their WhisperSynch narrations.  DD loves to have it read aloud to  her while she watches the words.  However, I can't get the narrations to work at all in their FreeTime accounts.  DD can hear the narrations only if she reads the book under my account (which I do not like since she could inadvertently purchase something).

How do I get WhisperSync to work under Kid FreeTime?

*sigh*  I was afraid that might be the answer.  The web browser is not available in the Kid FreeTime zone either!  Incredibly disappointing... there are LOTS of things I want my kids to do in the browser, and lots of audiobooks I want them to be able to listen to... But seriously, how can I let a 4 yr old on there using my account where there are no parental controls???  Seriously short-sighted on Amazon's part.  <_<

I just got a paperwhite, but I set mine up so that there is no way to instantly purchase from my Kindle at all.  If I want to buy books, I do it from my computer.  That could solve part of your problem.

Ahhh, yes it would.  I'll have to look into that.  Thanks!

Now if I could just avoid them inadvertently getting smut on the browser!

DS actually purchased a dozen berenstain bears books with my kindle last week. Ugh!

Luckily there is a feature under "manage my kindle" that lets you return content that was bought by accident. May allow you to let your dd use your account with an easier mind.

LOL, yes, that sounds like a feature that appeared after lots of parents complained, doesn't it?!  Haha