Menu

BrainPop question

I'm looking into the subscriptions for BrainPop and I'm curious as to the difference between the home option and the homeschool option.  Other than price, that is!!  If it is basically the same, then why is the homeschool version double the price?

Aimee

The homeschool option allows you to set up different kids on different devices to watch and to track different kids' quiz scores and so forth.  I think for the vast majority of people, the home option is completely sufficient.  We don't even really use the quiz option much here and if I wanted to know their scores, I could just look.  It's not worth that much more money, that's for sure.

The homeschool option allows you to set up different kids on different devices to watch and to track different kids' quiz scores and so forth.  I think for the vast majority of people, the home option is completely sufficient.  We don't even really use the quiz option much here and if I wanted to know their scores, I could just look.  It's not worth that much more money, that's for sure.

This is exactly what I was wondering!  I couldn't imagine what the homeschool option allowed that I couldn't get for the lesser price.  Since we'll be using it for a fun supplement, the home edition is fine. 

Thanks!

OP, you might not be interested in this option at all, but if you have an iPad (or iPod, etc.) you can get a subscription through iTunes that gives you five BrainPop videos per day for only $1.99/month.  The daily videos are all on topics that are related to each other, not just random things.  My DS loves this option, learns quite a lot from it, yet it forces a limit on his "screen time" for the day.  Might be a good way for you to try out Brain Pop before handing over a big chunk for a regular annual subscription.  I don't know if Android devices have this option or not.  If your family doesn't use a tablet or other applicable devices, just ignore me.  :)

OP, you might not be interested in this option at all, but if you have an iPad (or iPod, etc.) you can get a subscription through iTunes that gives you five BrainPop videos per day for only $1.99/month.  The daily videos are all on topics that are related to each other, not just random things.  My DS loves this option, learns quite a lot from it, yet it forces a limit on his "screen time" for the day.  Might be a good way for you to try out Brain Pop before handing over a big chunk for a regular annual subscription.  I don't know if Android devices have this option or not.  If your family doesn't use a tablet or other applicable devices, just ignore me.  :)

Yes, that's actually what got us to this point.  We had subscriptions to Jr. a long while ago.  We were just gifted an older iPad and the kids have "discovered" it again. 

Thank you.  :-)

Look into www.testingmom.com and compare prices. Their site includes BrainPop/BrainPopJr as one of the offered enrichment programs. If you get on their mailing list she regularly runs specials, you can stretch your money by getting a lot more materials than just brainpop.

I haven't heard of this site before.  Thank you!