Menu

Math review for SAT/ACT

Does anyone know of a good source to use as a quick math review for SAT/ACT testing?

Ds is taking the ACT in Feb. and then the SAT in March.  He could really use a quick, comprehensive review on his math skills.  His PSAT was not where it should be - at all.  I was actually a bit suprised.

He is swamped with AP courses, but needs to be able to fit a math review in before the tests.

My daughter found the Chalk Dust SAT Math Review to be helpful for the math portion of both the PSAT and SAT.  I had my teen watch the DVD and stop it whenever she needed/wished to work a problem. She also did several practice tests (in their entirety) as well as worked through math sections in the big blue book. Ideally, I'd start the Chalkdust program about 8 weeks before the test for maximum effect.

I'd also suggest reading/working through a SAT math prep book such as Princeton Review's Math Workout for the SAT to learn some test taking strategies.

Regards,
Kareni

My daughter found the Chalk Dust SAT Math Review to be helpful for the math portion of both the PSAT and SAT.  I had my teen watch the DVD and stop it whenever she needed/wished to work a problem. She also did several practice tests (in their entirety) as well as worked through math sections in the big blue book. Ideally, I'd start the Chalkdust program about 8 weeks before the test for maximum effect.

I'd also suggest reading/working through a SAT math prep book such as Princeton Review's Math Workout for the SAT to learn some test taking strategies.

Regards,

Kareni

Thank you,  I had forgotten about the ChalkDust review!

• 3 weeks later...