Menu

Magazine holders

jonesloonybin

I was looking at everyone's school room pictures and I noticed someone (don't remember who) had a large shelving unit with a lot of various sized Magazine holder things...where did you get these? I would really love some and I love that they had bigger sizes.

Thanks

Not sure who you are talking about, but I was at Target and they have different sizes. I think mine are just the standard size.

Terri,

I got your PM and sent you one back, but for anyone else interested I thought I'd post the link here too.

I got them from Really Good Stuff. I love all the sizes they have and I thought the prices and shipping were reasonable.

The link above should take anyone interested directly to the "book storage" page.

PS. We also have a Pug, his name is Festis. They sure are characters aren't they?

Mine aren't nearly as cool, but I got ours at Wal-mart. They are Rubbermaid brand. They come in two sizes. The smaller size is $2.17 each the larger size is $4something.

Stupid question of the day: In what section in Wal-Mart? I was there last night, and couldn't find any. I was really tired, though.

Wow Kelly! When I grow up, I want to be as organized as you! :D Can I ask where you got the bookshelf?

I got that big giant wire shelf at Target. It was $50 but so worth it. It's 4 feet wide, 6 feet tall and the best part is it's 18 inches deep, so behind all those magazine and book holders are more of them since I can fit them 2 deep on the shelf. So books from last year I'll need again or ones I've bought for years to come can be in there too.

FYI......I use these also, but have decided I do not care for the ones that have openings on the sides. The books or materials tend to get caught in the small openings when you are trying to put them inside the magazine holder. This can damage the book or papers etc..... especially if young ones are trying to put things away.

Just a "pet peeve" of mine I thought I would share! I prefer the sides to be solid.

Hope this is helpful.

FYI......I use these also, but have decided I do not care for the ones that have openings on the sides. The books or materials tend to get caught in the small openings when you are trying to put them inside the magazine holder. This can damage the book or papers etc..... especially if young ones are trying to put things away.

Just a "pet peeve" of mine I thought I would share! I prefer the sides to be solid.

Hope this is helpful.

This is my pet peeve too! Once there are more than a couple magazines a kid will tear everything by catching it in the sides. Trust me, we've field tested this.

Ikea has some magazine holders that are not unreasonably priced and match a variety of their storage boxes. They are actually pretty sturdy.