Menu

help fix the homemade mayonnaise!

Susan C.

It looks great, first try, in a mason jar made with an immersion blender.

Now to get it to taste better.....  its strong. What do you add to yours? This has dijon mustard and lemon juice (and salt). Made w/macadamia oil and an egg yolk. I think it needs to be sweeter, maybe add honey? Vinegar?

UPDATE: Wellllll..... it has become an amazing honey mustard dressing. Forget the mayo this time!

I use olive oil for our mayo. It has also a different taste but we are used to it now. Every batch tastes a little different. I use 1 whole egg and one egg yolk, a little lemone juice or vinegar, a little mustard, salt and seasoning as preferred and 1 cup of oil that I add while the blender is running.

I use olive oil, but the extra light kind.  EVOO is too strong a taste for me.  Usually lemon for my acid, but my mom uses white vinegar and it's good, too.  Add a little dry mustard, salt, and that's it.  Delicious.

I've also used macadamia nut oil and it was amazing, but I don't usually have that kind of oil and I'm not buying it just for mayo.