Menu

Curriculum Selling Woes...........

I'm selling somethings on homeschoolclassifieds.com and I had an inquiry last Saturday. I answered her questions and asked that she would let me know if she wanted them within 24 hours. I've had lots of emails for these books.

She emailed back on Sunday wanting to know if I took paypal. That was in the previous email and on the sale site but I email back to say yes, she could pay me that way. I expected an email saying she had paid.

Monday morning I had person #2 email me wanting to know if these books were for sale. I email the original person telling her if she had changed her mind I would understand but I had another person inquiring and would like to sell these. Monday night she emails me to say she wants them! I tell person #2 they are sold.

Tuesday morning I still have not been paid. I email her again asking her to pay me within 24 hours so I can get them shipped. I'm going to town on Wednesday and would like to take the package with me.

Now it is Thursday morning, no payment, no word from her. What do I do now? It was my understanding that she wanted them and was ready to pay with paypal. What if I get another buyer?

This is how I feel............:confused: :001_unsure: :smash: :angry:

Sounds like she's stalling for time. To ask a question she should already have known the answer to is a dead give away. Don't know what you can do now unless you want to just sell to person #2 (assuming they are still interested) and if you hear from person #1 (even if it is in the form of a paypal payment) you can just tell her you're sorry but you sold it to another person. Of course, if she paid you'd need to send the money back:D.

I'd be a little annoyed too at this point. In the future maybe you could state in your initial for sale post, "payment due within 24 hours through paypal unless other arrangements are agreed upon," or something along those lines you can live with.

:grouphug:

Ok, I just emailed her and told her she had until Friday, August 15th at 8am (MST) to pay with paypal or I would sell to someone else.

I'll let you know how it turns out!

Thanks for your advice!

You're very generous. I would email the 2nd person to inquire about their current interest, so you can be ready to sell it to them. I'm guessing the 1st person doesn't pay you tomorrow.:confused:

Wow..you are soo very patient!

A little advice for the future. Set your boundaries ahead of time. Tell each buyer they have 24 hours to pay thru paypal or you move on to the next inquiry. If buyer #1 doesn't follow thru with your guidelines, then email them and tell them you have moved on due to their lack of payment.

Even if you don't have money in your paypal account, you can initiate a payment and the seller will then know you are in the midst of transferring money to cover the purchase..it is called an echeck.

Hugs to you in your future sales!

You're very generous. I would email the 2nd person to inquire about their current interest, so you can be ready to sell it to them. I'm guessing the 1st person doesn't pay you tomorrow.:confused:

Well, I still haven't heard from this person...........A courteous "I really have decided I don't want it anymore" would have been better than nothing! Oh well, person #2 has found something else...............so..................anyone want to buy Vocabulary from Classical Roots 5 & 6?

Guess I've learned a few things about selling and I definitely will be extra careful when buying something!