Menu

Awkward moment

Night Elf

So my dd21 spent almost 6 hours in the hospital yesterday. She's been suffering from abdominal and intestinal pain for over 2 weeks. Her doctor even ordered a CT scan! Her dad and stepmom showed up about 30 minutes before she was discharged. They were still there when I was checking dd out and paying our portion of the CT scan and the prescriptions. They were flabbergasted with the total and again when I just charged it. My ex hugged me and told me he was glad I was taking care of dd. I didn't say anything, but I was hoping he would offer to pay a portion of the bill. No such luck. The hug was awkward though. I haven't seen him in a couple of years at least.

no BTDT, but I can imagine....

How is your daughter doing?

She's still iffy, but actually slept through the night which was a blessing for her. The doctor checked her appendix and colon with the CT scan. She found the appendix to be fine but thinks there is an infection in the colon. I'm hoping the meds work quickly and give her some relief. She works as a server in a restaurant and has been absolutely miserable on her feet for hours at a time. The doctor gave her a work excuse for Monday and Tuesday. I just need to remind her to drink a lot. Thanks for asking. :)