Menu

Mr. Q Classic Science?

~Victoria~

I found and downloaded the free Life Science year and plan on using it next year.  Has anyone used this?  I am planning to read the student guide from my computer, access the teacher manual from my kindle, and print what pages we want (but honestly, from what I looked at, it seems that we could keep a science journal and write down the workpage activities).

Man, pdf files and ebooks REALLY make me want a kindle fire or a tablet!

I don't have a properly working printer. I have the student book on my iPad mini. Sometimes I just use the student pages CM narration style. I'm always on the look out for things I can just read aloud from my iPad mini. I've even read some of the student pages from my cell phone by scrolling in landscape mode.

I have had students just notebook, taking ideas from the worksheets. But lately I'm doing a lot less written output with students than I used to.

We have used Mr Q for science since first grade. We started with Life Science and have since worked through Earth and Physical Science. This year, for 4th grade, we are doing Chemistry. Mr Q is having his annual 50% off sale next month. We read the text on an iPad and I only print out a few of the worksheets. I print out all of the vocabulary sheets which are located in the teacher text. We love Mr Q and I plan to buy his Advanced Biology and Advanced Chemistry next month.