Menu

Do any of you exercise and shower at night?

if so, when do you exercise? before dinner? after dinner? how do you include it into your evening activities(dinner, clean up, family time, etc...)

it's everything I have in me to get up and get dressed, do morning chores and get school going by 9 or 9:30, exercising and showering at night would be a great alternative for me.

need some input.

Thanks!:)

I have in the past. I usually waited until kids were having storytime with dad or were in bed for the night. So I'd work out from 7:30 or 8:00 for 45 min. or so. If I showered after working out (depending on sweat quantity), then I usually still needed to in the morning so that my hair was wet for styling by blow dryer. I'm not a morning person. I can walk with a decent amount of coordination, but I didn't trust myself to lift heavy weights over my head first thing in the morning!

We might take a stroll around the neighborhood, but I rarely exercise at night. Wakes me up too much. Anytime but summer, I enjoy late afternoon exercise...four-ish or so.

Showering at night is refreshing during the summer. Keeps the sheets cleaner, too.

I do water aerobics for exercise. And this summer I switched my class to an evening one. Never again! I would eat dinner before I went. And then after class...I was energized and starving. So I would end up eating again (and probably canceling out all the calories I just worked off)...and then staying up till midnight or later...and still have to get up in the morning with the kids.

Now that we are back on a regular schedule of sorts (we started school this week)...I am back to a 9am class.

I get dinner all ready, head out the door to meet my running partner at 4:30. We usually run 35 - 45 minutes. When I get home I sometimes have to have a quick rinse in the shower (if it's particularly warm out or if I've worked really hard). Then we eat and clean up and my evening is free.

I always bath at night before bed. But I did this before I started exercising too.

I've done it. Usually after the kids go to bed at 8. I don't like when they watch me anyways!! And it helps curb those evening snack cravings as well.