Menu

IEW's PAL program

~Victoria~

I bought PAL for 50% off in Mardel because it was so cheap and had decent reviews.  I walked through it at a super slow pace last year with my son (now 5) and we are over half way through it this year.  I haven't found any reviews of people who completed the program or what they did next.  We are adding in WWE and AAS 1 after the new year and didn't do PAW.

Can anyone weigh in on how they liked the last portions of PAL and what they did next? 

We just recently finished up PAL. Our favorite part was the last unit where they learn to make key word outlines, brainstorm dress-ups and rewrite paragraphs in their own words. I can see that my dc gained a lot from it! I've seen my oldest use the same method in other content area writings now too. My oldest will be moving on to Write with the Best Vol. 1 next semester and my 2nd dc will probably go through Sonlight's Diamond Notes, which teaches a method for writing paragraphs from 'scratch'. We like to use a variety of resources for writing. :) Hope that helps!