Menu

study guide for AP US Government test

My son will take the AP Government test this spring....his first AP test.  I'm planning to allow him about 3 weeks prior to the test to complete a review book. Can someone recommend one above another?  Is 3 weeks enough review time?  5 Steps to a 5 gets good reviews on Amazon.  They have a 2014-2015 edition.  Of course the previous edition is cheaper.  Does enough change to justify the additional cost?  Thanks so much!

Ashley

I've been picking up used copies at librar sales and used bookstores. Since there hasn't been a test revision in a while I don't think a year or two makes a difference. And that let's me bu a couple and have several sets of practice questions.

For frq I went with the released questions on college board.

My son used Ethel Wood's book AP World History for his World History SAT 2 and found it amazingly helpful in conjunction with Barron's. I notice she has an AP US Government study guide AP Comparative Government which is rated very highly. My son allowed about 6 weeks for review, but World History is much more comprehensive than US Government I think. He found her AP guide suitable for the SAT 2. Good Luck!

ISBN-10: 0983176647

I ordered directly from Ethel Wood's publisher and ordered the teacher's materials as well.

http://woodyardpublications.com/about_the_author

My son used Ethel Wood's book AP World History for his World History SAT 2 and found it amazingly helpful in conjunction with Barron's. I notice she has an AP US Government study guide AP Comparative Government which is rated very highly. My son allowed about 6 weeks for review, but World History is much more comprehensive than US Government I think. He found her AP guide suitable for the SAT 2. Good Luck!

ISBN-10: 0983176647

I ordered directly from Ethel Wood's publisher and ordered the teacher's materials as well.

http://woodyardpublications.com/about_the_author

Woods ap US Government text was published by Steck Vaughn. It's very good but hasn't been revised since 2001. The teacher manual is still available on Amazon and the activity manual can be found used.

There is a book of AP US Government Questions available that had a different publisher. If you order used it's worth verifying if the answers are included since they were printed in a separate booklet tucked in the book when new. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0044QEPX4/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?qid=1386590888&sr=8-11&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

I did notice that the WoodYard publisher has a brand new edition out for comparative goverment.