Menu

Need Wii help

I'm thinking of getting my husband a Wii for Christmas. Just what would I need to buy? We have nothing but a basic TV. It's not even a flat-panel, so if there's something special my TV needs, please just assume I don't have it. I am so clueless. Please, Wii fans, educate me.

Terri

At the minimum, you'll need the wii system, a couple of games, and if more than one of you want to play at the same time, an extra remote or two (we have four.) I don't know about the tv; we have a flat panel, but I think it would work on a regular tv, maybe the graphics wouldn't be as sharp?? My 8yo ds says you need to get: Mario Kart Wii, Super smash brothers, and legos star wars complete saga.

You need the nunchuck only for certain games. The only one we've run across needing it for so far is Boxing, and my dc don't like it. LOL The system generally comes with one remote and one nunchuck; if you get Play it will come with another remote, and I'd suggest picking up at least one more game. (Assuming the system comes with Sports; they all do, I'm pretty sure.) With Sports and Play, there are a ton of games on those disks, and then one more of interest would be a great addition.

You can only play with the number of people for how many remotes you have. More than just one extra was too expensive for us all at once, but I'm sure that we'll eventually end up with 4 remotes. We also bought a GameCube controller, because you can play GC games on the Wii... and GC games are much cheaper than Wii games. (They aren't the move-and-groove types though - same old thumbs controller type games.)

Anyway. We like Sonic and the Rings... whatever the name of that one is. :)

A nunchuk is used in addition to a regular remote, but is only needed for some games. Our system came with one; we bought another.

I'd also highly recommend getting a charging system for the remotes. You can get a set that includes rechargeable batteries.

I had no idea. I've got some learnin' to do.

So far, I need: console, extra remotes, couple of games.

Is the "numchuk" a remote? Is it different from the regular remote?

WiiFit is like a game, only I hear it's a lot of hard work. :D The "game" comes with a balance board; you can buy additional boards separately if you want to have more than one person getting fit at a time.

Now I don't feel like such a Wii-idiot. One more question: is the Wii Fit a game that you buy, apparently with this balance board? It's not a separate console, right?

See, told 'ya I'm Wii-clueless.

Terri