Menu

Would BJU Earth Science in 8th be redundant after Apologia Astronomy in 5th?

redquilthorse

I bought Apologia Astronomy to do this year with my 5th and 3rd graders. But I'm just realizing that I plan to use BJU Earth Science in 8th for my oldest. We haven't started Astronomy yet because are doing the human body right now. I could still do something else instead of Astronomy (although that would require buying something different and selling Astronomy, which isn't ideal). Should I just go ahead and do Apologia? Has anyone done both at different times? My son loves geology, but I'm not sure he loves space enough to want to do it twice within 3 years.

I've used apologia astronomy. and I just took a look at BJU's table of contents. I don't think it will be an issue at all.   The astronomy touches on different topics.   looking at bju table of contents, it reminds me of many of the topics covered in apologia's physical science (which I have used).  I know as a teacher I did not feel it was a repeat of topics from astronomy.

There's not a lot of "space stuff" in earth science book.  the last unit of the book, but the rest is geology, etc.

and it will have been 3 years. Children change and grow a lot in those years.   I would do the astronomy book as planned this year.

• 2 weeks later...