Menu

Too many meds?

amo_mea_filiis.

Call your doctor's office tomorrow morning.

I can make a semi-educated guess, only, at what your diagnosis may be.  If the Clonazepam has been prescribed in addition to the Cymbalta, the severity of your struggles may warrant its addition.  These are drugs of which I know something in general (but the Prozosin is new to me), but I cannot address the dizziness and feeling hot. 

Not me, for real. He was also prescribed Luna-something, but is waiting for prior auth to go through.

He only took the cymbalta and clonazepam this evening. I told him to be sure to cut the clonazepam in half tomorrow (script says 1/2-1), and don't take near the prazosin at least for the first dose so he knows how each effects him. He wasn't supposed to take the cymbalta until breakfast.

Me or his daughter will be sure to be with him when he takes anything tomorrow just in case. He was alone for 2 hours after clonazepam tonight.

Psychiatrist.

Then you're seeing the right kind of doc, but perhaps not the right doc.  There's nothing wrong with getting second opinions on psych care, just as we might for some non-head issue.

You should definitely report any and all side effect.  Keep a log of when they happen and for how long and report your findings.  It's not unusual to have some side effects, especially early on, but report EVERYTHING asap.

Not me, for real. He was also prescribed Luna-something, but is waiting for prior auth to go through.

He only took the cymbalta and clonazepam this evening. I told him to be sure to cut the clonazepam in half tomorrow (script says 1/2-1), and don't take near the prazosin at least for the first dose so he knows how each effects him. He wasn't supposed to take the cymbalta until breakfast.

Me or his daughter will be sure to be with him when he takes anything tomorrow just in case. He was alone for 2 hours after clonazepam tonight.

My other thought is that it is not customarily thought good practice for a psychiatrist to prescribe more than one new medication at a time.  Why?  So that side effects can be noticed and dealt with.  A particular side effect might suggest changing that medication, or changing what medication(s) are prescribed to take simultaneously.

If a situation is acute, however, more than one med may be needed to stabilize the patient.  If, then, the situation is/was acute, the patient may not be supposed to be left alone at all.

Is this an elderly patient?  Reactions to psych meds can be different in the elderly than in young or middle-aged adults.

The original post is unclear about the actual situation.