Menu

I want to make my own lapbooks........and I've never made a lapbook...lol.

rachelpants

I'm pretty crafty though, and I have lots of paper supplies and I use Photoshop all of the time...I can do it, right? Does anyone know of any templates, tutorials or other resources that I must see or own? I might be getting in over my head and regret this crazy notion...but I'd like a way for us to document some of the things we are learning in a fun way.  I'm hoping that lapbooks will fit the bill.  Thanks for any advice!! :-)

I also recommend Homeschool Share. If you subscribe to their newsletter you can download a pack of 100 blank type it in templates. I just double checked my most recent newsletter to make sure the pack was still being offered and it is. The link was there. http://www.homeschoolshare.com/blog/2012/05/lapbook-templates-you-can-type-on/

ETA: I also found these lapbook blanks downloads on their website. I do not know if they are the same as the above templates. I don't have time to cross reference them but you can download these without subscribing to anything.

Homeschool share has a bunch of lapbooks and lapbook pieces. I started by doing a few of the pre-k lapbook for my dd to get a feel for how they work and how they are assembled.

When we were doing the free SOTW lapbooks I started using ideas from Homeschool Share to make our own pieces in Power Point to replace some in the free book and to finish the lapbook for SOTW2. I haven't found the free pack to be as useful.