Menu

Anyone use Retin A for anti-aging?

goldberry

I just started using Retin A this week. I used it two nights in a row, and since then every other night. I have lots of peeling.

Do you just keep using it, even with the peeling? How long will the peeling last?

Thanks!

(My posting reply screen has been really weird the last few days...all my options (font, etc) are greyed out and I can't use them. ANNOYING.)

I use a retin a and antibiotic gel for acne (Ziana) off and on. After doing some research, I found, many people start with once a week and build up from there. Many people never make past every other day and that schedule still produces results. Another thing I read was that you really should only use a tiny amount, pea-size or less. And one last tip, on the night you use the retin a, do not use any other products except a moisturizer. I hope this helps!

I just started using Retin A this week. I used it two nights in a row, and since then every other night. I have lots of peeling.

Do you just keep using it, even with the peeling? How long will the peeling last?

Thanks!

(My posting reply screen has been really weird the last few days...all my options (font, etc) are greyed out and I can't use them. ANNOYING.)

Yes, I recently started using it for anti-aging. I use it every 3 or so nights. 

I used retin a for about 20 years.

I know all the warnings by heart but never had a single issue.

I used it for acne.

The funny thing is I am 49, not a wrinkle in site, beautiful skin and everyone thinks I am around 30.

I have asked several dermatologists if it is a result of the retin a and they all smiled and said it might be possible.

I was using it before I got pregnant this time. I had some flaking and peeling for the first few weeks, using a small amount every other night. My skin was starting to adjust, but then we decided to try to get pregnant, so I stopped.

The peeling should stop eventually. It can take a while, though--I read some experiences of others who had peeling and flaking for months and months. Definitely space out your use of retin A for a while.