Menu

More on Apples and Pears Spelling...

stephanie

I am thinking about doing A&P with my struggling speller (ds9). My dd7 is a natural speller, and usually only has to look at a word and then can spell it. Would A&P be ok to use with her as well on the same level as ds9? I would like to get them doing spelling together to avoid me having to teach spelling on 4 different grade levels.

Steph,

I am in the exact situation.

My 9yr sturggles with spelling and reading.

My 7yr old is a natural at both. He just started reading.

I am going to order A&P for my 9 yr. old. My younger son is using Spelling WOrkout and its working for now so I am not switching. ;)

Which level of A&P are you getting for your 9 year old?

Steph,

I am in the exact situation.

My 9yr sturggles with spelling and reading.

My 7yr old is a natural at both. He just started reading.

I am going to order A&P for my 9 yr. old. My younger son is using Spelling WOrkout and its working for now so I am not switching. ;)

Which level of A&P are you getting for your 9 year old?

Well, he did the online placement test and it said he should start at book A on lesson 51 or so. I'm not too sure about that b/c I asked him verbally last night before he went to bed. I was just trying to get an idea where he may be. I'll probably just get A and B and move on. I don't know what I want to do about my dd7. She, too, uses SWO and does spectacular.