Menu

Baked kale chips - any good recipes? Tasty, unusual, etc. Surprise me!

sheryl

We just toss the kale (stems removed) with avocado oil and sprinkle with kosher salt, then roast at 375 - 425 (depending on what else we're baking). The avocado oil is key; we've found that it makes the kale chips extra yummy. Plus avocado oil is supposed to be one of the healthiest oils and very stable at high heat.

I just harvested a whole bushel of kale yesterday and have been dehydrating since.  I still have quite a bit out in the garden.

My favorite recipe for chips was simply - toss kale in a tablespoon (or teaspoon, depending on how much is in your bowl using your judgement) of olive oil; sprinkle thoroughly with white cheddar popcorn seasoning and bake at lowest setting until crisp (usually 20 minutes or so.)  They tasted wonderful.  My dh even liked them!

Right now I'm dehydrating my blanched kale to make flakes.  Once dry, I take them out of the dehydrator, crush them in my hands into a funnel which is in a canning jar.  I fill a quart canning jar with the flakes.  Then I oven-can them to keep them fresh.  I use these flakes in stews, soups, sprinkled on baked chicken or pork, in my smoothies, or whatever.  I use them in place of parsley for a healthful kick to our food!