Menu

Jonathan Park Adventures

Homeschooling6

Have any of you used Jonathan Park for science. I would like to use it this year to help with my school load. We are currently using Genesis for Kids and some Usborne books from MFW1st.

My thoughts are to have them listen to Jonathan park for half hour a day. Have my oldest one write about it on Friday and my younger ones narrate it back to me.

Thoughts:confused:

I just got these Saturday and I have the same intentions with them that you do. Not quite a 1/2 hour a day, though because each set only has 12 stories and each story is only about 20 minutes long. We'd be through the entire series before Christmas. I have to confess, I was so interested in them that we listened to the first one last night. It was great! In just the 20 minute story time we learned about stalagmites, dinosaur fossils found in the US, limestone and The Great Flood - plus there was a gospel message in it!! It's going to be really hard not to listen to all of them before the end of September.

They also come with a really great Study Guide that gives a Bible reference for each story and some activities to do that pertain to each adventure. I'm really looking forward to using these and I imagine they'll become a much-loved resource in our home for years to come.

If you didn't know already, they have them for 17.99 per set at CBD.

HTH!!