Menu

Math supplements ?? Miquon, BA, other???

Mrszjk

I have an 8yo (half done with 4th) and 6yo (2/3 done with 1st) in school right now. Both are doing Making Math Meaningful and are flying through. I am wanting to add more math from other sources to diversify /expand their math and help keep it interesting. I like the Discovery and Mastery methods. We all really like BA but I am wondering what people are using after 4A. How much teacher time does Miquon take? We have read some LOF. Any other ideas? Thank You

My dd likes Zaccarro's books. If she becomes interested in a topic she can find it in the Elementary Challenge Math book and work through that section. We're about done with it, not sure what I'm going to supplement with next. Maybe Real World Algebra.

We also use Singapore IP, but not at level- take apart old books for a daily math circle I'm doing for a mixed ability group of kids.

Thanks I forgot about that one. I guess I should add that we did not start formal school with them until after age 6 and have taken many months off each year due to my husbands crazy gradschool schedual. So my 6yo has finished 1.75 books in about 4-5 months.