Menu

Homeschooling in Raleigh, NC?

MindyD

We're moving to the Raleigh-Durham area in a few months and I need help! I'd really like to find a co-op or resource group to help me out. I have a 6th grader, 2nd grader, and 3yr old. I know Classical Conversations is big in that area, and I'd done CC before, but it's just not my favorite. If it's all I can find, I'll probably go for it though. Can anyone point me to some websites or groups in that area? I need some help and accountability so any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! I know the area has a large homeschooling community and an AMAZING homeschool store, but that's all I've got. It took me about 2 years to really get into the homeschooling community in Charleston, and now we're moving again! I don't want to spend another year finding the homeschoolers. =)

Homeschooling is huge here but do you know which city or town? It matters if you are in Durham, Raleigh, Cary, Chapel Hill, etc. There are homeschooling groups and activities in all the areas for all interests and homeschool styles.

Here are just two groups for an example:

http://www.caryhomeschoolers.com/

http://www.chapelhillhomeschoolers.com/

Many local businesses offer classes for homeschoolers too so there really is almost too much to do!

We're moving to the Raleigh-Durham area in a few months and I need help! I'd really like to find a co-op or resource group to help me out. I have a 6th grader, 2nd grader, and 3yr old. I know lClassical Conversations is big in that area, and I'd done CC before, but it's just not my favorite. If it's all I can find, I'll probably go for it though. Can anyone point me to some websites or groups in that area? I need some help and accountability so any information would be greatly appreciated!

We used to live in Raleigh two years ago. We were involved with a homeschool coop at Crossroads Church. It was fab. I think I still have a contact that lives there. I will see if I can find the info. I know it was difficult for me as well finding info about coops when we moved there. I will post more info as soon as someone responds to my email. :)

We used to live in Raleigh two years ago. We were involved with a homeschool coop at Crossroads Church. It was fab. I think I still have a contact that lives there. I will see if I can find the info. I know it was difficult for me as well finding info about coops when we moved there. I will post more info as soon as someone responds to my email. :)

I found it.

http://www.crossroads.org/homeschool

http://www.freewebs.com/generationshomeschool/

Here is the local homeschool yahoo group. It is very active and people post all the happenings on it.

spice-line-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Count me in as another in the Triangle area. 

There's definitely plenty of homeschool enrichment activities available in this area... but it does help to know where to look or to have connections to find them!  Don't forget to check your local YMCA.  My kids go to the Homeschool P.E. class at our YMCA.  Also, lots of churches host "co-ops" (with various degrees of educational focus...:p).

Guest chaswell

I just started homeschooling this year with my 7 year old daughter and am in Raleigh.  I joined the Cary homeschoolers group and The Generations group at Crossroads.  Both seem really great.  GL with your move.  Send me a PM when you get here if you want.