Menu

What about the Homeschool section of the Common App?

Sunshine State Sue

So, the transcript, school profile, counselor's letter, and course descriptions are done but not yet uploaded because I'm too scared.  :crying: And ds hasn't even started his essay.

So what about these 3 questions under homeschool:

- educational philosophy, motivation for hs'ing - covered in the school profile

- grading scale/evaluations - covered in the school profile and transcript

- outsourced classes - covered in the school profile, course descriptions, counselor's letter

Do I duplicate the information here or say 'see appropriate uploaded document'?

So, the transcript, school profile, counselor's letter, and course descriptions are done but not yet uploaded because I'm too scared.  :crying: And ds hasn't even started his essay.

So what about these 3 questions under homeschool:

- educational philosophy, motivation for hs'ing - covered in the school profile

- grading scale/evaluations - covered in the school profile and transcript

- outsourced classes - covered in the school profile, course descriptions, counselor's letter

Do I duplicate the information here or say 'see appropriate uploaded document'?

Since I've been through the CA process once before, I had already divided my info so it would fit into these "sections".

In the ed philosophy, I just put a short statement, as the old form limited that to something like 150 words.

I also re-used the grading scale/evaluations from before -- I told what % scores equaled 4.0, 3.0, etc. I also listed each subject and wrote about how it was graded -- tests from the book publisher, grades on essays, etc.

For the outsourced classes, I made a list of the course titles and tried to answer specifically what they were asking -- what format is the class (on-line, in-person, etc.) and how often does it meet, and does it have teacher/student interaction. I then referred the reader to the course descriptions for more details.

HTH,

Brenda

I did the same ... copy and pasted material found in the attached forms (with a little tweaking for space and variety reasons). I figured it was better than leaving it completely blank (or with a "see attached"), in case the reader is busy and just scanning the app -- better to have the information in multiple places ...