Menu

Pre-Algebra: Alcumus, MUS and AoPS

Chanley

We are getting close to the end of MUS Pre-Algebra. And my kiddo has been working problems via Alcumus. I have the AoPS text and teacher's manual. The plan was to have her take the AoPS Pre-Algebra class online, however, the class times interfere with her dance schedule. Most days she is at the studio until 8/8:30. Friday would be an option but at 12/13 not going to a friend's house because you have a late evening math class on a Friday would make your mother a very not nice person.

I would LOVE for her to take an online class as that would take pressure off of me. However, if it does not work out, then...will it be enough to finish up the MUS and just work through the AoPS Pre-Algebra book with Alcumus and videos? I definitely want her to shoot for AoPS Algebra either this summer or next fall.

We just use the book. It's very well done. The solutions manual has every solution written out fully, with explanation as needed. The books are written to the student, with ALL the teaching necessary right there in the text. That's why some people think it's "wordy". It includes the words a teacher might use during a lecture. ;)

We haven't even done the videos since starting AoPS. Just book and occasional Alcumus.