Menu

A book on the Theotokos?

Juniper

I thought of putting this in the EO sub-group, but I have been so hit or miss that I wondered if we had any new EO posters that would be willing to give their 2 cents. (I started looking in the spring...then tourist season hit and well...I stoppped ;) )

I am still looking for a good book on the life, miracles, theology of...the Theotokos (Mary).

Any good suggestions?!

You know how sometimes kids books do for one what is needed better than an adult book?  I'm going to be listening to The Illustrated Life of the Theotokos with the kids on Ancient Faith Radio (the British gal reads it on the Under the Grapevine podcast). I've heard very good things about this book.  I look forward to more replies as this is an area of great interest to me as well. 

Are you looking for a book for kids or adults?  There's a great book called The Life of the Virgin Mary The Theotokos.  It's very dense but also quite interesting.  It looks at her life alongside quotes from scripture and the Holy Fathers.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Life-Virgin-Mary-Theotokos/dp/0944359035

For adults. There was one recommended to me a couple years ago and cannot remember which it was. The person who made the recommendation has moved away and I have as well. But, the way he described how much learning about her affected him has always stuck with me.

Are you looking for a book for kids or adults?  There's a great book called The Life of the Virgin Mary The Theotokos.  It's very dense but also quite interesting.  It looks at her life alongside quotes from scripture and the Holy Fathers.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Life-Virgin-Mary-Theotokos/dp/0944359035

That one looks awesome...anyone have copy they want to lend me? or know where I can find it a little cheaper? :D