Menu

AAR vs Saxon Phonics vs PAL

Mynyel

I'm not sure how helpful you will find this so this post is really more of a bump. :)

I looked at all 3 programs and owned both Saxon Phonics and PAL.  I ended up dumping PAL because Saxon ended up being all that we needed.  It is a very thorough program with a LOT of repetition (which I did cut out when my child picked things up quickly).  Saxon was easy to implement and taught him how to read and spell very well.  He breezed rapidly through AAS levels 1, 2, and 3 after completing Saxon Phonics grade 1.  I've been really happy with his progress after 2 years of the program.  It does get a bit tedious at times and often repeated more than he required but I made to sure to make the program work for *us* and not the other way around.

I'm not sure if I can say that out of the three you are looking at that one of them is "best" but I can say that we've had great success with Saxon Phonics and I have no regrets in using it.

I can't comment much on AAR as I have never used it, but I have used AAS for a couple years now with a few kids.