Menu

Old pictures

Night Elf

Dd15 had picture day at school yesterday. I realized we rarely look at pictures. I have a whole box full, not sorted nicely, of the kids growing up. I have very few pictures of my own childhood days. I think I'll go pull them out. I've got a few pictures of my dad, who died when I was 21. I don't even have one of those framed. It didn't occur to me until just now to do that. Do you look at old pictures, like from your own childhood?

I just recently put out some old photos. My mom passed away last November and we found old pics that we had never seen before of my parents and us kids that had been packed away forever. Also, a cousin who we hadn't seen since 1972 brought a bunch of family pics from long ago and far away, including some of my mom as a child (we had never seen any childhood pics of her).

I bought a couple of nice collage frames and put one together of pics of my mom and the second included pics of my dad and us kids with grandparents when we were all very young.

I have some additional pics that I'd like to frame, so I'll be purchasing a couple more collage frames to hang. I've really enjoyed seeing these pics. I have them in our upstairs hallway so I see them every night before going to bed. :001_smile:  I know it's silly, but seeing the pics of my mom is very comforting. It's taken me this long to look at her pics without crying (although I guess I still do sometimes).

I'm the oldest child and grandchild on both sides so there are a lot of childhood pics of me. None of them are sorted or arranged. My mother has everything in a box. Not many adolescent pics (I wanted it that way). When I left for college I bought a photo book and skimmed some of my mom's photos of me and a few of my siblings (with her approval). I do look at them every so often. Those and my college photos. The boys and I look through photos a few times a year. 

We don't have a lot of dh though. The boys have to go to their grandparents for that. 

This morning we were talking about the movie Ferris Beuhler's Day Off and the '80s, so I got out my old yearbooks to illustrate '80s trends. The boys think mall hair and mullets are hilarious.