Menu

Apologia courses on cd-rom

You could print anything you want. The screens are all web pages, html. They can be printed, or copied and pasted into a word processor, etc.

Thanks, I kind of figured that should be the case, but did not want to buy it if I could not print lab instructions etc. Might be nice to have those in a sheet protector instead of the book on the counter sometimes.

Thanks, I kind of figured that should be the case, but did not want to buy it if I could not print lab instructions etc. Might be nice to have those in a sheet protector instead of the book on the counter sometimes.

oohhh, good idea!  We'll be using general science next year.

Just a suggestion, not a commercial, but I am using the lapbooks and digital notebooks for Apologia from KnowledgeBox Central this year.  I really like them.  I have one ds who is creative and likes the lapbook idea, but my other ds prefers to just write out /type out stuff, so he can use the digital notebook (just types in all answers to On Your Own, and study guide then I can print them out and put in a notebook)  Both options have nice lab forms.  You can choose from the one with instructions already written in, or a blank one.  Their website runs sales all the time.  I think I just picked up the $15 digital notebook for Chem for 75% off.  the plain lap books are cheaper.

Another place to get good printables for free is the Yahoo group ( Oh now I can't remember the name exactly) for Apologia, or Donna Young has lab write up stuff.

Have a great day,

Just a suggestion, not a commercial, but I am using the lapbooks and digital notebooks for Apologia from KnowledgeBox Central this year.  I really like them.  I have one ds who is creative and likes the lapbook idea, but my other ds prefers to just write out /type out stuff, so he can use the digital notebook (just types in all answers to On Your Own, and study guide then I can print them out and put in a notebook)  Both options have nice lab forms.  You can choose from the one with instructions already written in, or a blank one.  Their website runs sales all the time.  I think I just picked up the $15 digital notebook for Chem for 75% off.  the plain lap books are cheaper.

Another place to get good printables for free is the Yahoo group ( Oh now I can't remember the name exactly) for Apologia, or Donna Young has lab write up stuff.

Have a great day,

Thanks, the chem one sounds cool for my older son. He'll be taking that with our co-op this year.

I am teaching General Science in our co-op that meets bi-weekly. I'll let the parents know about some of these resources, but in my class (which none of my kids are in), we'll mostly just be doing labs since the 50 minute class period isn't going to allow for much more.

I was going to give them each a composition notebook and teach them how to use that for lab write-ups.

Here is an example of what I meant: http://www.atlantic.edu/program/academic/stratton/notebook/notebook.htm