Menu

Best dieting apps or websites? ...or should I just do WW?

Juniper

AMDG

I use a combination of two -- and i'm considering adding a third -- tools and have, so far, been quite successful.  So, you can see, these tools work for me.  Success in this area is so specific to the individual so, you really have to forge your own way but, for what it's worth, here is what I do:

Calorie Count -- I log my calories and I'm pretty faithful.  I don't recommend the forum for good advice, though.

Dietbet -- I keep a $25 bet going all the time.  It keeps me from deciding I'll just splurge w/o balance.

At first I kept to 1200 calories but now I tend to 1200 during t he week and 1400 or so on weekends.

I walk everyday anyway so I'm thinking of adding gympact.  It isn't much so I don't know if it's worth the trouble.

MyFitnesspal. You need to read the forums to set your calorie goal. Most people set theirs too low because they put themselves as sedentary and they want to lose 2 lbs a week which gives them a small amount. If you have 25 lbs or less to lose they recommend 1/2 lb/ week- 25-40 1 lb per week.

Always remember that a calorie deficit is built in and the program is designed for you to eat some of your exercise calories back. So I set my profile on sedentary, lose 1 lb a week, and whenever I enter exercise I eat half those calories back and I lose weight.

I have done WW and MFP and I like MFP better and it's free.