Menu

Mammoth Math Question

dixiebuckeye

I am looking at the mammoth math sample pages and this looks like my son could learn in this way.  One thing I don't see, and this may be because they are just sample pages, is the extra reinforcement.  My son will quickly understand a concept and fly through the problems, but 2 weeks down the road he will need some extra reinforcement problems to help his understanding.  Are there extra problems to incorporate this way?  Or is there a different program that might be better for this?

TIA

Math Mammoth is an easy program for adding supplementation. There are cumulative reviews after each chapter. There is also a worksheet generator for additional practice on most topics, plus free worksheets on the website. It doesn't review, say, chapter four concepts throughout chapter five, but there are resources to use when they work best for you and your student.

We used the 1B and now 2A and it has become repetitive and boring for DS7.  Maybe if your son is a whiz, you can do half of the worksheet and jump back to finish it a couple weeks down the road for review?  We have skipped ahead, but once we finish 2B I think we will switch to something else..... I'm leaning toward Singapore.  I have learned DS needs a little more to the page (simple pictures for entertainment) instead of loads of repetitive problems. 

Yesterday someone recommended these - I really like them because they're not intimidating - 5-10 min of half a sheet. I printed the pages on cardstock paper, cut them in half, and they look friendly. We are successfully using MM as well - my fifth grader is going into MM 4B. I think he would be really frustrated if I handed him just another worksheet full of problems - but 5 problems review daily? No problem.

http://www.aea267.k12.ia.us/math/resources/daily-routines