Menu

What to supplement?

Hi, I need help trying to figure out what I should add/supplement for my daughter. She is a natrual learner at math and science she picks that stuff up very easy and has very little problems learning new things, etc. When it comes to reading she just has a harder time and gets frustrated that she cannot learn it as fast, it just does not come as natrual and fast. So should I just go at her pace with the reading stuff and add some more math supplements since that is her natral learning and what she is good at or do I leave math as is and add more reading stuff since that is what she has a harder time with. She does not struggle and is not behind, it just does not come as natrual and quick as she'd like the way she is used to with math.

Thanks!

Maybe get some math or science readers from the library. My boys love to read those for fun when younger. Below link is one of the series they like. How old is she?

http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/category/national-geographic-readers-series#&9004:S060&1&S060&true&totPage=60

We have some of these! They are wonderful, she loves them! She's in second.

We have some of these! They are wonderful, she loves them! She's in second.

My boys have read and enjoyed these.  I'll aim for interest and confidence first than for more variety in reading materials.

Lets Read and Find out Science series

Math for Smarty Pants (link is to pdf, your library would probably have the book)

The I hate Math Book (link is to pdf, your library would probably have the book)

Max Axiom Super Scientist series (graphics novels about science concepts)

Building Blocks of Science - World Book (graphic novels about science concepts)

ETA:

The Sir Circumference math story series is nice for read aloud and later read herself.

My boys have read and enjoyed these. I'll aim for interest and confidence first than for more variety in reading materials.

Lets Read and Find out Science series

Math for Smarty Pants (link is to pdf, your library would probably have the book)

The I hate Math Book (link is to pdf, your library would probably have the book)

Max Axiom Super Scientist series (graphics novels about science concepts)

Building Blocks of Science - World Book (graphic novels about science concepts)

ETA:

The Sir Circumference math story series is nice for read aloud and later read herself.

I LOVE all the suggestions! Thank you so much. The Max Axiom books are very cool, I actually had a couple planned for next week.

I wouldn't hesitate to supplement her strengths, and I like the suggestions already given. I realize she is most likely beyond phonics/beginning reading, but I remember that that was hard work and definitely there was only so much time per day we could devote to it. I would not work past that limit. But definitely keep doing read-alouds and other things that aren't hard on her but still encourage literacy development.