Menu

Has anyone found a secular formal logic program?

My daughters and I read "Logic to the Rescue" and "Castles and Chemistry" this summer.  We liked the books, but were disappointed that "Castles" isn't finished - it is only the first half of the book and is very short. 

Yes, the Amazon reviews said the same thing, but...

At the end, it says that the second half will be available in 2012, but it is still not available.  

Doesn't the Castles and Chemistry book take up the same story? I was hoping it was the second half.

These are fun books to read, but can't be a logic curriculum on their own, per se. 

This is helpful. Thanks.

Yes, the Amazon reviews said the same thing, but...

Doesn't the Castles and Chemistry book take up the same story? I was hoping it was the second half.

This is helpful. Thanks.

Yes, "Castles and Chemistry" takes up the same story line as "Logic to the Rescue", but it ends in the middle of the quest. "Logic to the Rescue" has a little feeling of an pause in the story, although it definitely lets you know that more is to come - largely because the heroine does not return home at the end.  However, in "Castles and Chemistry", there is no ending, not even a cliffhanger ending, and nothing is resolved.  It just stops in the middle of the story and says that the 2nd half will be available in 2012, but it has not shown up.