Menu

HOD Bigger Science

kagmypts

I am needing some help with science. I am currently running Bigger for my 2nd and 4th graders. I had originally decided to have both kids use Bigger science, but then I got cold feet. I was worried that it would not be rich enough for my 4th grader so I purchased another science curriculum for her. However, that other curriculum is not working for her (she claims that the reading level is too high for... I do see her point), and now I am back to combining both of them in Bigger science. Have any of you beefed up Bigger science for an older child, and if so, how did you do it? Does anyone have a science book basket type list? I would appreciate any advice.  Thank you!

have you tried adding the extensions for the science that they have scheduled in the back of the book?

Aren't there only history extensions? I would go ahead and just give the Bigger science a try, and if you want you can add some extra books on the different topics from your library. Documentaries would be nice also. We really enjoy the science in Bigger Hearts. Have you joined the Bigger Facebook group? Some one there might have a list of things that they added to the science.

have you tried adding the extensions for the science that they have scheduled in the back of the book?

I had no idea that they had science extensions.  I thought that they were only history extensions.  That may just be the perfect solution.  Thank you!

Aren't there only history extensions? I would go ahead and just give the Bigger science a try, and if you want you can add some extra books on the different topics from your library. Documentaries would be nice also. We really enjoy the science in Bigger Hearts. Have you joined the Bigger Facebook group? Some one there might have a list of things that they added to the science.

I think that I may just try the Bigger science since DD is at least engaged.  I am a part of the Bigger FB group, and I have posted this exact question there as well.  :-)  Thank you!