Menu

Bible: CLE vs R&S vs ACE

wehave8

I really feel like I want to try something different with Bible.  We've mostly used Bible Study Guide For All Ages in the past, but it is very time consuming on my part.  I want something my boys (6, 8, & 10) can start to do some on their own.  We still have our family memory time and family devotions.

Anyone use or have opinions on any of these? (CLE, R&S, or ACE)

Pam

We use CLE here ... and love it!
However in the lower grades (1st-5th) Bible is only 5 Lightunits , so 1/2 a year worth ... made to do 2-3 days a week.
You can see more about each leavle, and samples here : http://www.clp.org/store/by_subject/2
R&S doesn't have a seperate Bible curriculum for 1st-4th as their Reading program is bible stories at those levels.
Never used or even seen ACE, so can't comment there :)

HTH!!

• Like 1

I love CLE for grades 3 and 4. We're not a KJV family so it wasn't great for us after 4th. I also LOVE the Kay Arthur studies for Middle

Schoolers.

This year we're doing the National Bible Bee and their materials are AWESOME. They're the best youth study I've seen. They have 3 levels - 7-10, 11-14, and high school. They have a few older years online for sale for $5 a study! It's a great deal. HTH!

• 3 years later...

Keep in mind that R&S is conservative Mennonite, CLE is as well but is a little more liberal and ACE is fundamentalist. These are very different viewpoints. I don't know where you're coming from but I'd suggest taking a look at what these groups believe about the Bible before picking which curriculum you want to use.