Menu

abc mouse vs starfall ??

momma aimee

any one able to give me any insight?  are either of them worth paying for (we do free starfall, is it worth it pay for the membership)?  anyone used ABC Mouse?

thinking of computer stuff Kidny kid can do while 2nd grader works with me at the table

I found ABCMouse very confusing and disjointed.  We signed up for it, played around on it for a day and I immediately cancelled.  Ugh.

We pay for moreStarfall and are about to renew our subscription.  I think it's great and they're always adding more stuff.  My K'er uses it all independently.  She also likes abcya.com (which is free and set up by grade level content).

I found ABCMouse very confusing and disjointed.  We signed up for it, played around on it for a day and I immediately cancelled.  Ugh.

We pay for moreStarfall and are about to renew our subscription.  I think it's great and they're always adding more stuff.  My K'er uses it all independently.  She also likes abcya.com (which is free and set up by grade level content).

i have never seen abcya -- i will look at it today

When I taught in Headstart we had a class subscription. I didn't have much time to set it up, but what I saw seemed good. I don't know if the home version is different than the school version, but there are multiple ways o use the site.

It can just be used as free play where the kids do what they want. It can also be much more controlled. I don't remember exactly how to do everything, but the teach can go in and assign a level for each child (there were 3 levels).the teacher can also assign specific activities/lessons for each student to complete. The program keeps track of each student's progress and give the teacher some kind of progress report.

The activities are not just reading/reading readiness so there is more variety than Starfall, but it is more oriented for the 2-4 yr olds, so I don't think it is as advanced in reading skills as Starfall.

I LOVE more.starfall.  And it's such a deal for all that you get.  I only paid for it because my kids used Starfall so much I wanted to help support them, and I was really surprised at just how much stuff there is on more.starfall.  All three of my kids use it all the time.