Menu

Question about using planners?

I actually did end up getting planners this year. I wasn't going to because planning ends up being a big failure.

So if I made plans on my computer for the year or quarter, printed those and then just filled out the planners by week...might that help.

I am having a really difficult time. I need some help. I am going on year 11 and I am supremely frustrated.

I've only been using my planner for less than 2 weeks, but I am finding the longer term planning extremely useful. I have written out a course of study for each child, a have pages for curriculum to order mid year and next year. Calendars for the semester. Things like that. It's helped me so much to be able to have it all written down in one place.

Afa weekly planning, I sketched out approximately when each book will end, what subjects to do each day, and I fill out each week as I go, in pencil.

I used donnayoung.org and http://tinasdynamichomeschoolplus.com/about-dynamic-2-moms-free-lapbooks/

I have two plans.  One is a Scope and Sequence type of plan where I have 36 weeks across the top and my subjects down the left side.  In each block i've divided each course into 36 blocks, so as to have a plan for the year. 

Then, on Fridays, I write out my plans for the next week to get it to jive within my S/S chart.   Buck gets a copy of the weekly plan and that acts as his assignment sheet as well.

Because our actual calendar is more than 36 weeks, I have nearly a month worth of wiggle room, so things can be adjusted as needed on the weekly plan.