Menu

"The printer at my musk ox!"

....and other weird sentences that we've uttered since we started homeschooling.

Tell us about yours.

Tonight I was almost done with print outs related to our Earth Science this year. We're doing biomes and webs of life for the first half of the new school year.  The musk ox is included in our Tundra unit.  My printer ate the paper with image of it and now it won't print anything even though the paper is no longer jammed and there's no musk ox image. (Cue music. ) There was an old printer who ate a musk ox....it's dead, of course. It's a good thing I'm sleeping with the in-house tech support.

• 1 month later...

OK, another great one-sided conversation, so I'll be a resurrectionist and add it to this thread.

Dd's just brought in a red back spider in a small specimen pot and by the look of it wants to engage in 'Spider Wars'.
"Mum, who will kill who if I put this fellow in with that one?" (The Hunt's Man in his jar; one of those big, hairy, scary looking, but fairly harmless Aussie spiders).
I'm hoping the referee won't take a hit. I'd better intervene soon I guess.
"Mum how do you spell venom?"

DD "Oh....Where has it gone this time?" While she hunts on the floor

Me: "What?"

DD: "Oh, nothing deadly."