Menu

Looking for copywork to correlate with Middle Ages

Alana in Canada

I've been reading a lot about writing recently (haven't we all?) and I'm realising that I am not using copywork as effectively as I could be.

Essentially, I've been using Bible verses--and treating it as penmanship practice more than anything. As well, they do re-write their narrations as dictated to me. But, again, we don't study them or do anything with them, really.

So, I'm trying to find some copywork excercises that will correspond to SoTW2--preferably with enough variation so we can at least practice their "grammar" concepts.

My 10 year old boy is dictating wonderful narrations and has no problems re-copying-- my seven year old has just mastered leaving spaces between words.:)

Thanks.

Jessica from Trivium Academy has a link to free copywork for SOTW 2 on her blog (http://www.triviumacademy.blogspot.com). It is rather advanced, using quotes from primary sources for history. We picked about 8 or 10 of these for dd7. The vocabulary is lovely, but, as I said, a little advanced. I think your 10yo would be fine with it.

I have published a Medieval History copybook on Lulu.com. You can download a copy pretty cheaply, or order a print copy. It is in ZB cursive format. I'm still working on the simpler, manuscript edition, as well as the GDI and HWT fonts.

Here's the link to the copybook:

http://www.lulu.com/content/1927611

That looks great! We will definitely need one (or two) of those. :cool:

You know, I have the ones listed at Trivium Academy. I was looking around in my computer files and there they were!

I dragged out my CW materials--Aesop A&B which I bought last year. And I realised that their "Analysis" is what I was wanting to do with copywork, anyway--so, strangely enough, I have what I need. It isn't "tied in" historically--but that's OK. I want copywork that will reenforce the grammar we're learning--and that's built right into CW!

So, it's all good.

Thank you both for your help. I really appreciate it.